Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me - November 13, 2011

I've always explained why I get so excited about my birthday as follows - my mom and I share the same birthday. My brother's birthday is within a week. Hanukkah always falls somewhere around now. So my entire year was quiet, quiet, quiet and then BAM BIRTHDAY AND PRESENTS AND HOLIDAYS AND EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE.

So today is my birthday. I feel like I have been making little positive changes for the past few months and that this year has potential. Big potential. I'm hoping for more freelance work, more crafty opportunities, more writing in general. I'm hoping for big progress from my girl. I'm looking forward to starting my next year on this planet a lot healthier - my BMI now firmly in the healthy zone, my jeans starting to be too big (I have now lost 15 pounds on Weight Watchers and can see my goal twinkling on the horizon).

I simply wanted to make a blog post to mark today so that next year, which will be rather close to a milestone (but not quite), I can look back and see where my mind was and try to keep this going.

Here's my birthday post from last year, which included a list of birthday freebies.

Awww, I got a freebie from Borders last year. Sniff. This year I've gotten the free Starbucks drink, the free Moe's burrito, the 50 Swagbuck bonus, and a free $25 gift from Aveda that I still have to pick up. I think I saw a discount deal from Jason's Deli again, though I don't get there very often. Not much else this year. It's a quiet one.

Happy birthday to me!

PS My husband asked my daughter to write her name the other night. She can barely SAY her name, but we've been pretty sure she's known how to read for some time. And she wrote her name - four distinct letters, three of them VERY clear and one approximation. All on her own. The kid who can barely hold a crayon. Never underestimate anyone. Never assume anything. I plan on showing the picture we took of this feat to every therapist and teacher that works with her. I'm so proud I could burst.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to you! I no longer want to have anymore birthdays so you can have mine and I'll stay the age I am forever.


    Lee
    Best selling author Lani Diane Rich visits
    Tossing It Out
    Wednesday November 16th.

    ReplyDelete