Monday, August 1, 2011

Easy Ways to Get More Swagbucks - August 1, 2011

Look, I had a semi-serious post written and queued up, and then I felt it was too jumbled and I left it in the draft folder. Then I was going to talk about how today is the meet-and-greet at preschool and tomorrow my kid goes back for six hours a day, five days a week, and how happy I am about this, but I decided I'd tackle that one when she's actually back.

Instead, let us talk about Swagbucks.

Here is my Swagbucks referral link - I will give it to you once, here, for transparency. And then I will not give it to you again in this post.


http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/marlatiara

If you click it and sign up through me, I will get a bonus. If you want to sign up without using my referral link, go for it. And now...some info about Swagbucks for you.

Swagbucks is, at its core, a search engine that rewards you at random times with points, known as "Bucks," that you can then trade in for prizes (and PayPal cash). I have been using Swagbucks for years, and I've earned almost $500 in Amazon gift cards (and $10 in PayPal cash). So it's legit, it's real, it's worth doing. If you sign up and all you do is use Swagbucks as your regular search engine throughout your day, you'll likely accrue between eight and ten Bucks a day. A $5 Amazon gift card is 450 Bucks. So...that could take you a while, yes.

Here are some easy peasy ways to get more Swagbucks:

  1. Spread your searches out throughout the day, and you may win more than once from searching. I do tons of searches a day because...I search. Sometimes I'll switch to Google for certain things, but mostly I have Swagbucks set as my default search engine in my browser.
  2. Grab five bucks a day very easily doing the following (all found under the Earn header at the top of the page):
    1. Answer the daily poll
    2. Look at the surveys (you don't have to do anything but click on that page once a day)
    3. Go to the page labeled "NOSO" and click through the offers (I click skip on every single one) and then input the text it asks for (this gives you two Bucks)
    4. Install the tool bar and use it once a day (I am not a huge fan of tool bars, by the way - I have it on a browser I don't typically use, and I get my one Buck a day by opening the browser, which opens the tool bar, and then closing it again)
  3. Go to Swagbucks.com and click on the banner labeled "Watch Your SBs Grow with Ad Rewards" that is toward the bottom of your screen. Answer the survey questions and then watch the videos. You have to actually WATCH these videos - no cheating - because within each one are two numbers that scroll by, and at the end of the video you have to input those numbers to get your Buck. But the videos are short and they're based on the survey questions you answered, so they are usually interesting.
  4. Go to Swagbucks TV (also found under the Earn header) and watch the videos. Ten videos watched equals three Bucks. You can do this a number of times a day (I forget the exact number, but you probably won't max it out, don't worry).
  5. Watch for Swag Codes, which give you Bonus Bucks. For example, today is a Swag Code Extravaganza day, which means there will be multiple codes throughout the day - likely culminating in one at the end of the day that's worth a ton. Codes can be found via Twitter (twitter.com/swagbucks), Facebook (facebook.com/swagbucks) and their blog (blog.swagbucks.com). There are also blogs that will help you with hints and tips on where/how to find the codes (but I'm not one of them, sorry - there are rules and grey areas and I don't want my account inactivated!).
  6. Referrals. If you get people to sign up under you and they really use the site, you'll get extra Bucks. Go for it. Just don't be a spammer or I'll yell at you.
  7. Special Offers. Again, these are found under the Earn tab. The easiest ones are the video offers - just watch a short video and get a Buck or two. Lately I've found a bunch of videos under the "Peanut Labs" tab, but the other tabs sometimes have videos as well. If you want to get more complicated, look through the rest of the offers - sometimes there are some easy/free ones available.
  8. Print coupons through Swagbucks. I actually print my coupons through MyPoints - similar deal, points blahdeblah - but if you want, this is an option.
If you have any questions, just ask. This is, to me, an easy way to earn a bit of Amazon credit that I use for things we need and/or things we want. There is a whole catalog of prizes, by the way, I just find that the Amazon credit costs the fewest Bucks for the biggest reward. And the $25 Amazon card costs more than five times the $5 card, for whatever it's worth.

And that concludes this frivolous post for the first of August. I'll return to more serious matters....soon. Rabbit rabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment