Saturday, February 12, 2011

Why I Think You Should Sign Up for Deal Site Offermatic - February 12, 2011

I just signed up for a new deal site called Offermatic, and I think I'm going to like it. The site links up with your credit and debit cards to give you deals deposited right back on those cards - so yes, it does ask for sensitive information - but it uses what looks to me like the same platform as Mint.com, and therefore it only reads your info and doesn't have access to moving anything anywhere. Plus your personal login information isn't posted anywhere on the site. But then the beauty is that you use Offermatic by...not doing anything, really, as far as I can tell. You accept the offers you are given and then you just shop. Within 30 days you get a refund right back on your card.

My first two Offermatic deals were $10 off a $20 purchase at Target - and let me assure you, I had no trouble hitting that $20 threshold today at Target - and $15 off a $30 purchase at Shell gas. Gas! With my own credit card, nothing new! I like that! And then you earn points for referring friends, adding accounts, following on Facebook and Twitter, and writing reviews - points that you can cash in for further discounts or to go up in "levels" so you get even better deals from the site. Nice.

So check out Offermatic if you're looking for another way to save a bit of money at stores you actually go to rather than obscure restaurants and salons. (I saw that there are sometimes deals for places like Kroger, Toys R Us, PetSmart, and Whole Foods available as well. Places I actually GO TO ALL THE TIME.) And let me know what kinds of deals they offer to you when you sign up! Plus, if you sign up using my link, which is all over this post, you should get a special bonus offer! Tadaaaaaah!

UPDATE JUNE 2012: Offermatic went under. I do not endorse this company anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Just signed up for this through a link you posted. I hope you get credit. VERY COOL! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete