Thursday, September 2, 2010

Smoothie of the Day (plus BPAL and AGT) - September 2, 2010

Super extra-creamy smoothie
I'm loving frozen pineapple in my smoothies. It adds a nice sweetness and texture to them and I think it's going to be a staple in my freezer from now on. Today I was low on both almond and cow milk, so I used a combination of both, which made today's smoothie extra creamy. Then I threw in fresh and frozen strawberries, flax seeds, frozen pineapple, frozen spinach, and a squirt of agave. Delicious, and hopefully it will keep me going through the morning.

I'm a fan of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume oils (perhaps I'll make a "Let me tell you about" post about it in the future). There are thousands of different oil blends, and each one smells different on an individual's skin, and I may or may not have quite a large collection of sample-sized vials (known as imps' ears) that I poke at from time to time. Today they released info about the Trick or Treat inquisition; on occasion the company will offer T shirts and oils that have a theme (usually Halloween and the winter holidays) and then require you to send in a fun request for what you want - naughty or nice? trick or treat? - with no guarantees of what combination of oil and shirt and other goodies you'll actually receive. It's a lot of fun and very creative, and this year I like both T shirt designs (I haven't always in the past). I had a chance to smell some of the inquisition oils at a BPAL event a week ago (I liked Marshmallow Pumpkin), but in the end this is probably too pricey for me at this time. But it may be something in which you'd be interested; go look!

Edited to add: Oops, a friend of mine pointed out to me that I misread the site - there are no shirts this year, the art is for the labels of the products. I'm so disappointed, I love the art this time around!

My guesses were pretty off regarding the America's Got Talent results last night. I was surprised that the judges picked the dance crew over the singer, but I also am tired of singers winning the competition. The top ten is a really great mix of variety acts and I'm looking forward to the finals (although I also am getting tired of how they're stretching this out forever and ever - I think there are two more weeks of finals to go...). My top three are Prince Poppycock, Anna and Patryk, and Michael Grasso. I think. No, wait! Fighting Gravity has to be in there too! Realistically, the young opera singer (I know her name, I just am not reaching for Google hits for her...) will probably place in the top three, if not win, but again, I'm tired of singers winning so I hope it's something more interesting in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment