Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Smoothie of the Day (plus button plans and the Decatur Book Festival; gushing about America's Got Talent) - August 25, 2010

Lots of frozen fruit before...
Delicious smoothie after!
Day three of the 30-Day Shred and I still can't quite do the whole thing. But at least I'm up and moving around every morning, no? So while I really wanted to make a coffee smoothie, I instead made a healthy one. Almond milk, fresh banana half, chia seeds (interesting), fresh kale, frozen grapes, frozen strawberries, frozen mango, frozen blueberries. It's delicious.

As I type this, I'm watching last night's America's Got Talent. I'm happy to say that I don't know who will make it through tonight - or at least I can't narrow it down to my personal favorite five. I do hope that people voted on the best acts, not the most sentimental. [Correction: As I watch more, it seems like my top five are pretty obvious after all.] [ETA: PRINCE POPPYCOCK I ADORE YOU! My top five: Prince Poppycock, Anna and Patryk, Antonio Restivo, ArcAttack, and I still love AscenDance even though the judges weren't jazzed. I felt SO bad for the singer who got three Xs and wanted to give her a hug. Still looking forward to Haspop, Debra Romer, and the other two magicians.]

Today I feel like I have so much to do and not enough time to do it. I have errands to run and buttons to make - I'm planning on stocking my favorite local independent children's bookstore (that also has the most amazing selection of grownup books ever) Little Shop of Stories in Decatur, GA, with tons and tons of book-love buttons to sell during the upcoming Decatur Book Festival. Which means I need to get started...now.

No comments:

Post a Comment