Sunday, August 15, 2010

Popsicle-from-Smoothie: Attempt 1

Photo: Marla; Hand model: Husband
I've been making smoothies every single morning with my Vitamix (I have a 5200) that usually include some almond milk, some frozen fruit, some fresh fruit, some frozen (or fresh, if I have it) greens, some flax seeds, maybe a little yogurt.

But sometimes I make too much smoothie, since I'm just dumping stuff in the carafe and not measuring anything. What to do with the extra? I'm making popsicles. I bought my popsicle mold from Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $3, and I'm just pouring my leftover smoothie into it each morning.

The first attempt came out acceptable, if a little icy and not as fruity as I hoped. I think next time I'll add a bit of sweetener to the leftover smoothie in the blender before I freeze it.

1 comment:

  1. I have been inspired to make smoothies every morning too. Yesterday I used frozen banana + frozen pomegranate seeds + frozen strawberries + frozen raspberries + milk + vanilla extract. SO GOOD!
    I like the popsicle idea. :)

    ReplyDelete