Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I saved 41% at Kroger (and drove there!)

Woohoo 41% savings at Kroger.
Well, I took a deep breath, turned on the GPS, and drove myself to my local Kroger for the very first time. And it was fine. Of course, it's always easier when there are no cars on the road because it's mid-morning on a weekday, but that's just how I roll. Seriously, this is a huge step for me and I'm really proud of myself for managing it.

As you can see from the scan above, I saved 41%. Now, this was an unusual trip because I had coupons that Kroger had mailed me - targeted, obviously, by my purchases using my Kroger Plus Card. And that's fine with me - I have no problem being sent coupons I'll actually use. Also, it worked to get me in the store - I prefer to shop at Publix because I find that they have lower everyday prices and they accept competitor's coupons, but I figured I'd grab the freebies and maybe a few other things.

What did I get? Read more after the jump.

1 package of baby carrots - Free with Kroger coupon mailed to me
Kroger-brand salad dressing - Free with Kroger coupon mailed to me
Six packages of Whiskas Temptations cat treats - on sale 4/$5, I had a $1/2 coupon that Kroger mailed to me (and note that there are coupons in the 7/25 RedPlum circular as well - of course I didn't bring those with me...), and if you buy six you'll get a Catalina for $1 (a coupon printed at the register for $1 off your next purchase)
Kroger-brand (light) ice cream - on sale for $2.29, then I had an e-coupon (that I forgot about) for 50 cents off, plus a coupon Kroger mailed me for 40 cents off, making it $1.39
Two packages of Annie's Mac and Cheese - $1 each (I'm going to go back for more - this is my stock-up price, but I wasn't positive the deal was on because of how the endcap was marked)
Nutella (yum) - on sale for $3.29 and I had a coupon for $1 off (I'm going to make frozen Nutella hot chocolate)
Kroger-brand bagged salad - on sale for $2.50 and I had a 40 cent coupon. I prefer to pay $2 or less for bagged salads; this deal came close and I wanted to have it with dinner tonight
Laughing Cow cheese in Lite Original Swiss - on sale for $2.99 [which is Publix's everyday price] and I had a coupon for $1 off [printable, found in a Hungry Girl email]. I was SUPER EXTRA PSYCHED that they had specific spaces on the shelf for the queso flavor - my new favorite - but they were out. I hope they restock it. They had one mozzarella flavor left, but I just have not been that thrilled with it so I left it.
Kraft Lite Mayo (squeezable bottle) - on sale for $2.49, which seemed like a decent price to me, as it was $2 off the regular price

Tadaaaah. I still would like to get to Publix (I drove there by myself once, but that was to the Publix that I hate - long story - and I've never gone by myself to the further-but-way-nicer store) before their sale cycle ends to get free soup and cheap Morningstar Farms stuff, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment